What is Placenta Encapsulation
So what is Placenta Encapsulation
The placenta is full of an incredible supply of nutrients such as iron, amino acids and essential fats. Stem cells in the placenta play a key role in healing the wound left inside the uterus after birth by the separation of the placenta from the uterine wall and based on anecdotal evidence and feedback, Mums who have consumed their placenta after birth have experienced benefits such as significantly less bleeding (much lighter bleeding for just 7 – 10 days instead of the more common 3 – 6 weeks), increase in energy and general well-being.
Companies, like Pure Placenta, work with mums-to-be to turn their placenta into easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules to help mums through those first few weeks.
Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
The benefits of Placenta Encapsulation are plentiful:
- Boost Energy Levels
- Replenish Iron Stores
- Balance Hormones
- Reduce Stress Levels
- Prevent Postnatal Depression
- Increase Milk Supply
- Reduce Postnatal Bleeding
- Improve the Appearance of Skin/Nails
- Increase in Wellbeing
Nutrients and hormones found in the placenta
- Iron – Essential for oxygen absorption in the cells needed for cellular repair following childbirth
- Vitamin C – Powerful antioxidant, helps the body form connective tissue
- Oxytocin Hormone – Known to increase bond between mum and baby and is also essential for facilitating birth and breastfeeding
- Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH) – Responsible for reducing stress levels
- Prolactin and Human Placental Lactogen – Prepares body for breastfeeding and promotes lactation
- Progesterone and Estrogens – Promotes uterine health and regulates post birth cramping
- Endorphines – Natural opiate like substance that shuts down pain receptors.
- Thyroid Releasing Hormone – Boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events
- Placenta Growth Hormone – Immune boosting and anti-inflammatory, improves blood circulation and promotes wound tissue healing
- Cortisone – Combats stress and unlocks energy stores
- Cytokins – Fibroblasts that trigger cell metabolism healing and replacing damaged cells and tissue
- Interferon – Stimulates the immune system to protect against infections
- Prostaglandins – Hormones that have anti-inflammatory properties
- Haemoglobin – Replenishes iron deficiency and anaemia, a common post-partum condition
How does it work
Find out more
Meet the team from Pure Placenta on Stand 19 at the Baby and Beyond Show this September to find our more detailed information and book your package…. register for FREE* tickets to the show HERE, *limited ticket offer.